Welcome to Precision Windsports
AirBorne announces the 2-Stroke
- Located in Lynchburg, VA (KLYH)
- Eastern US Distributor/Dealer for
- FAA Certified Sport Pilot Flight Instructor (SP-CFI)
- FAA Designated Sport Pilot & Sport Pilot Instructor Examiner (SPE &
- Light Sport Aircraft and Rotax Certified Repairman with
- FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) for trikes
What are trikes?
(called weight-shift control aircraft or WSC
by the FAA) are simple, safe, and intuitive flying machines. They consist
of a wing with a carriage secured below the wing via a pivot. Flight
control is through a single control bar attached directly to the wing --
can't get much simpler than that. Think of trikes as aerial motorcycles
or jet skis -- that should give you an inkling of just how much fun
these unique airplanes are.
Precision Windsports is the distributor/dealer of
AirBorne trikes for the eastern half
of the US.
AirBorne trikes are built to the highest standards in the industry.
These are airplanes built for safe and serious recreation. By the way,
do you know what to look for when buying a new trike?
Download our guide
and find out.
Who is Precision Windsports?
Precision Windsports is a nationally recognized, family owned business specializing in trike
We fly out of Lynchburg Regional Airport (KLYH)
in beautiful Lynchburg, VA. Lynchburg is centrally located on the east
coast and surrounded by lovely mountains, lakes, and rivers.
What sets Precision Windsports apart?
Precision Windsports is a sport aviation company dedicated
exclusively to triking. What sets us apart?
- Highest quality trikes in the industry. AirBorne
trikes have been
stress tested to +6/-3 Gs and certified to US, Australian and
international standards. The XT-912 models are even type
certificated as Primary category aircraft. AirBorne aircraft are
built to aircraft industry standards and are
Light Sport Aircraft certified
-- these are real airplanes.
Specific models available.
- FAA Certified for
instruction and examination in Weight-Shift Control aircraft
(trikes). In fact, we were among the first to be certified under
the new Sport Pilot rule.
- Concentrated training that gets you flying fast
– in days instead of months.
For more information read on.
- Available where you are. We will come to you and teach
you how to fly your new AirBorne.
specialists. While we sell and train in all AirBorne models, we
have more XT-912 experience than virtually anyone else. These are
outstanding planes for GA pilots to transition to.
- General Aviation (GA) background (Commercial/Instrument
Rating), so we are uniquely qualified to help GA pilots
transition to trikes.
- Designated Airworthiness Inspector (DAR) -- means we are
a one stop shop when it comes to delivering fully registered, ready
to fly aircraft for less (typically hundreds less).
- Licensed FAA Repairman for Light Sport Aircraft -- we can
provide the support our customers need when it comes to maintaining
- Outstanding Facilities -- Lynchburg Regional Airport has
unbeatable training facilities. You will not find better
instructional facilities in the country with convenient lodging,
shopping, and restaurants.
The video below has nothing to do with trikes but it still captures
the magic of flight in a spectacular way. Enjoy.
H5 – WWII Bombers over Arizona Landscape from H5 Productions on Vimeo.